Hot Spot Use Policy
NICC has a limited number of internet hotspots for college students and employees to borrow.
(1) Hotspots automatically circulate until the end of an academic semester regardless of when during the semester they are borrowed.
(2) Hotspots may be renewed by the borrower only after the conclusion of a semester, and only if there is no one else waiting to use them.
(3) If no hotspots are available at the time you check the library catalog, you may place a hold on one. Once a hotspot gets returned, holds will be processed automatically in the order they were received.
(4) Attempts to renew hotspots during a semester are not permitted. Renewal requests initiated in your patron library account will automatically renew to the same due date at the end of the semester.
(5) Hotspots in use will not be recalled by the library from a current borrower. Those wishing to use a hotspot when none are available are encouraged to place a hold on a hotspot in our catalog, or ask library staff to place a hold for you. When a borrowed hotspot is returned holds will be filled in the order placed.
(6) Hotspots not returned by the borrowing due date will be shut off by the library and no longer function. Hotspots not returned to the library will eventually be declared lost and the borrower will be billed for the replacement cost.
(7) Hotspots may be borrowed at any campus library in person, or online via our library catalog. Hotspot borrowing requests initiated online may be picked up at a campus library, any NICC service location throughout the district, or can be mailed to an address on file with the college.